Wednesday, November 21, 2007

D.I.M - Is You



There are few labels as consistent as Boys Noize Recordings when it comes to the straight ahead hard funk. BNR delivers once more with a stellar effort from one of it's homeboys, D.I.M.. This Hamburg resident is most likely in your play list, having remixed the likes of Chromeo, Midnight Juggernauts, the Presets, Teenage Bad Girl, Jape, and Kim. Previews of his new one, Is You have been circling for a couple months around the blogs, and notably last month when a MSTRKRFT remix of the song appeared. Some of you might remember previous D.I.M. efforts such as Airbus Baby, Frogger, Sysiphos and Noize all out on Tiga's label Turbo. The Is You release is backed by the Brodinski remix, which I have not heard, but suspect is equally as hard. The realease date has been kind of unclear, but it looks as if Juno.com has this shipping tomorrow. Beatport is the place to find this release digitally. Get it now!

D.I.M - Is You (preview)
D.I.M - Is You ( JFK MSTRKRFT remix)
Chromeo - Fancy Footwork (D.I.M remix)

In other BNR news, it looks as if Boys Noize himself has some stellar remixes of his recent Oi! Oi! Oi! album dropping. Feadz ( of Ed Banger and Uffie production fame) and Para One hop on for Lava Lava and My Head remix duties. Definitely looking forward to these.

No comments: