Sunday, August 5, 2007

my brightest diamond


Hello! This is dj empirical with my inaugural post on the LBE blog.

This evening I caught the Rasputina show over at the Southgate House. Normally I wouldn't mention it here, as it's not the usual LBE blog fare, but the opener was the amazing My Brightest Diamond, a.k.a. Shara Worden. She played a solo set, without her band, just a guitar and her incredible voice. I picked up both her album, Bring Me The Workhorse (released last year... shame on me!) and this year's remix disc, Tear It Down.

The latter features thirteen remixes by various people, though the only two i recognized initially were gold chains and alias (as i figured, the anticon guy, not the grime/dubstep guy, which would have been way cool). On the way home, i threw in the remix cd and skipped directly to the Gold Chains mix. Killer.

Poking around on the internets a bit revealed a video for the GC remix. Excellent!



Oh, and for those who don't know where Gold Chains is from...



Here is, for your enjoyment, the original and the remix:

My Brightest Diamond: Freak Out (asthmatic kitty)
My Brightest Diamond: Freak Out (Gold Chains Panique mix) (asthmatic kitty)

No comments: