Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Annie Mac and Chromeo


I am convinced, that the most original, diabolical, and hottest act on the circuit right now is Chromeo. By my accounts, P-Thug and Dave 1 can do no wrong. Being a product of the 70's and thereby living the 80's in my parachute pants, white glove, and striped hair-do, I love anything that remotely reminds me of my rollerskating days. This is why, I believe Chromeo's Fancy Footwork album to be one of the best this year.
With a slew of dates spanning the world right now, the duo is delivering some incredible live sets. Last Friday, the 13th, they made an appearence on the lovely Annie Mac's show, the Mash Up. The interview and minimix is up, and worth a quick listen. With all hopes, maybe we'll get a Chromeo set here soon in the midwest. If not we'll just have to check their tour page for Fancy Footwork Tour dates elsewhere.

Chromeo Mash Up Minimix

Equally as awesome, and my vote for remixers of the year, MSTRKRFT have given the Tenderoni a good grind. Also, if you're into Sinden, which you should be, the Fabric resident gives Tenderoni a good grimey rework.

Chromeo - Tenderoni (MSTRKRFT remix)
Chromeo - Tenderoni (Sinden remix)

No comments: